Collecting addresses to send save the dates and invites to can be an overwhelming task! Here are a few suggestions on how to collect addresses efficiently.
- Just ask them (yes, it seems obvious but it’s a great place to start). If you don’t want to ask them yourself, there are some other options.
- Use I Need Your Address to send your guests a link and ask them to put in their information.
- Ask your parents for those that they are inviting / family friends / relatives.
- Ask on social media (just be aware that those who aren’t invited may also comment and some people in general would prefer to not have their address posted on social media).
- Create a Google spreadsheet and allow people to put in their information there (if they’re okay with others seeing their address).
- Stay organized! As soon as you get someone’s address (by asking them yourself or from someone else who knows it), put the address in one document/spreadsheet so they’re all together.
- If you’re using a wedding website, there may be a way to import your guest list directly into the site (with their information). From personal experience, Weddingwire does this which makes it easy to keep track of guests! The Knot even has a way to collect addresses directly and save them to your guest list.
Do you have anymore tips or tricks for collecting addresses? If so, comment below! We input from past and current brides!